1. RL Policar May 31, 2007 4:02 pm

Man that’s a sweet bike!

Mr. Wen H (KHS USA President)….PLEASE BRING THAT BIKE TO THE US!!!!!

Henry, don’t you have some sort say in that?

Vince C…..c’mon dude, you HAVE to get us one to test!

2. HenryH May 31, 2007 6:10 pm

Hey RL, Moe,

First off, we do have 1 fix gear bike: Flite 100. So what’s different about this Japanese bike that you like?

I have absolutely no say in what bike to bring over… My “limited” understanding of the bike industry gets me trumped every time. However, if you happen to have a survey that shows a lot of people wanting a bike like this… that would be another story ;P (hint, hint)

3. Nick May 31, 2007 6:59 pm

With the dual brakes, this looks like a singlespeed to me. And by the way, track bikes are way more popular in Tokyo than they are here, what with the keirin scene. Most of my friends here ride keirin bikes! 3Rensho, Samson, Watanabe, Kalavinka, Peloton, Kiyo, Panasonic, Bridgestone, etc…. it’s all the rage. We’re importing them from sellers in Tokyo.

4. Moe May 31, 2007 7:14 pm

Hey Nick, you can hardly read it, but there’s the word ‘FLIP FLOP’ in the lower left hand corner.

Henry: Well, the Flite 100 is nice, but this bike has a ‘vintage look’, has bullhorns and it comes with brakes!! Keep an eye on the poll, that will give us an idea of how many people ride Fixed Gear bikes.

5. RL Policar June 1, 2007 6:25 am

Henry,

I was just razzing you. The Flite 100 is a pretty sweet bike and its ready for brakes. Vince C told me that it can take front brakes.

Nick, I read up on that whole Keirin culture…pretty intense! Would you mind doing a post about it?

RL

6. Nick June 1, 2007 12:57 pm

I don’t know much about it – I just know the bikes.