Freespirit Brittany

I have this affinity for older bikes. Not quite antiques, but at least 15-20 years old. So knowing that info Moe brought over a present for me. Apparently his neighbor was moving out and gave this bike to him.

Check it out, this thing is in mint condition.

It even has a basket!

Falcon Components.

All this beauty needs are new tires and perhaps a new cable set. Other than that, it’s a great bike!

1. Ghost Rider June 19, 2007 3:28 am

Schweet! It’s only missing one thing: handlebar tassels. Yeah, that’s right, if you’re going to rock a white basket, you MUST have sparkly tassels!!!

2. Moe June 19, 2007 8:01 pm

And don’t forget to post a picture of you riding it with your pink tutu…

3. RL Policar June 20, 2007 2:29 am

You keep referring to this pink tutu as if I had one…its purple…mmkay!

4. Larry Hastings November 15, 2008 10:01 pm

I have recently acquired 2 mint condition bicycles, (boys & girls),identical to the Brittany FreeSpirit you’re showing on your site and was wondering if you could give me a ball park value on them. Extremely mint, rarely if at all ridden! Thank you.

5. RL November 15, 2008 10:12 pm

Hi Larry, great find! I’ve been looking for the boy version for me. But the going rate for those bikes are about $100-150.

6. Joey August 1, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks for sharing this post.

I am going to make a change to biking to work and found a nice Brittany 12-speed at a church rummage sale…

Because part of my path is off road, I might need to make a few upgrades, but otherwise the bike is mint…

7. Kim September 15, 2009 9:38 pm

Do you still have this bike and are you selling it? Interested depending on where you are located, # of gears and of course price.

Thanks,
    Kim

8. Manda Costoulas March 16, 2010 2:02 pm

I have this exact same bike — inherited from a house I moved into. Do you have any more information about it? How old it is, etc?

9. RL Policar March 16, 2010 2:14 pm

Manda, I believe its between 1979-84.

10. Sue May 5, 2010 3:17 am

Nice bike… well cared.. is this for sale? how much??

11. RL Policar May 5, 2010 11:33 am

Yep, it for sale. I have it listed @ $135.

12. Kayla July 1, 2011 6:56 am

Just got the same bike for free in blue….sadly though, no basket.

13. SuheyCarolina August 28, 2012 7:56 am

I just bought my first bike and the stickers tell me it’s a free spirit brittney, it looks just like this except I have alight that turns on with the friction of the tire
    How do I find out its age?
    Thanks
    S

14. Lula August 20, 2013 9:24 pm

I have been given two of these by my new “grandpa,” they’re both blue. O.o They’re in really good shape too. He says these ones are like 40 years old.

15. Mike August 30, 2013 11:21 am

I just picked up the identical bike in similar condition; same color and same old tires at goodwill in Seattle. It was missing it’s price tag but I told the manager I would buy the bike if it was less than $50 and the price was amazingly $49.99; go figure. It looks like a very well made bike for a “free spirit” Sears bike. My plan for the bike is to replace it’s tires; tune it up and sell it to a college girl over at the University of Washington for $110. Lots of vintage bikes at the UW so it would feel right at home. Fenders in Seattle are plus if you don’t want a brown streak up your butt and the rack should help with books. Why do you need new cables? I don’t see any rust; just add a little tri-flow oil to them if there is a little too much resistance. No basket on mine either:(. Maybe I should buy a $5 basket at goodwill and increase the price to $135…hmmm. Steel rims, cotter pin cranks, bell bottoms….Yay 70s.

16. daniel October 16, 2014 8:20 pm

Hello, does anybody know what # cotter pins does a free spirit brittany bike use?