More Redline 925 Nacho Updates

A few weeks ago I went from bullhorns to a flat bar in order to create “Nacho.” So this week I decided to step it up a bit. Moe gave me some old mountain bike riser bars. At first I cut them down and painted it white. But I must have used some cheapo paint because I got my grimmy hands on the white and the grease wouldn’t come off. So the next thing I did was just sand off the bars down to the bare aluminum. I tried to get it polished the best I could with the equipment I have. I then cut the bars another inch shorter on each end.

I also installed these ergonomic grips provided to us by Hermans

Here’s a close up on the “brushed aluminum” bars.

I decided to reinstall my brakes since there are plenty of big hills in my area. But this time I went with an XTR lever. However, I only had the right hand lever, so not wanting to confuse my brain and motor skills, I went ahead and flipped the levers and placed them on the left side. I know…I know there some guys that ride with their front brakes on the right side like a motorcycle. But that’s not how I roll.

1. steve June 20, 2007 2:39 am

I like running front brake on the left side mainly for turn signals. I’m relatively new to riding a fixie, so my trackstand skills are still at a developmental stage (along with skidding). Holding the brake helps me balance while holding out my right hand.

2. RL Policar June 20, 2007 2:46 am

I kept it on the left just because I do quite a bit of mountain biking and I didn’t want to confuse myself next time I’m coming down a technical rock bed…I’d hate to find out that I squeezed the wrong lever and go over the bars.

3. steve June 20, 2007 6:16 am

oops… I just reread my comment and realized I mixed up my left and left. That’s what I get for early morning typing.

4. LLrider June 20, 2007 7:12 am

How do you like those riser bars compared with bull horns or drop bars for long commutes?

5. RL Policar June 20, 2007 10:16 am

I like the riser bars alot. But I have to say my bullhorns were very comfy. I’ve never liked drop bars. The OEM moustach bars were too harsh on my back and hands.

6. Moe June 20, 2007 3:31 pm

The other brake lever is now on My Swobo Sanchez, pictures coming soon!