Rear Vision

Glove

During Interbike, RL got a Wrist Band and a glove from Rear Vision Activity Mirror to test out. These little bad boys allows the rider to see behind them without turning their heads. I’ve always been a big fan of gadgets that helps Bike Commuters become safer on the road.

Glove

1. Ghost Rider October 4, 2007 5:15 am

That is one wild looking device! Jesus, at this rate we’re all going to be outfitted like cyberwarriors!

Now, if someone could only make cycling gloves with a built-in laser to blind “right hookers” and “road buzzers”, a Taser for unruly pedestrians and a bullhorn to amplify my responses to “Get on the sidewalk!” idiots, we’d really have something going…

2. Quinn October 4, 2007 6:57 am

why not just put a mirror on the back or the glove? would be simpler and harder to break.

3. Ghost Rider October 4, 2007 7:23 am

Putting a mirror on the back of the glove would only work for flat-handlebar users…this way, there is a good range of adjustibility for drop bar users (at the expense of complexity and possible damage).

4. mike October 4, 2007 9:30 am

But for drop bars there are 3-4 positions:

On the tops
    On the hoods
    In the hooks
    On the drops

Seems you could only use this in 1, maybe 2 positions, as your hands change angles as you move.

Personally I like B+M handlebar mounted mirrors. You can bar end them or mount them anywhere on the bar. Different lengths of arm are available, and they don’t shake all over with road buzz.

I’m also a fan of the helmet mount mirror… when wearing a skull bucket.

5. Ghost Rider October 4, 2007 10:28 am

Good point — if you’re really using your drops, your hands will move all over the place and then the mirror won’t line up right!

6. Frtiz October 11, 2007 4:34 pm

That reminds me, I still need to do my “clown corner” post.