Turn that frown upside down!!

Some of you may know that RL and I have been living with one car instead of two..which has its many advantages. RL had to take the car today for a job that was kinda far so I opted to be the bike commuter today. I don’t work far at all but because of some driving responsibilities I have at work I have to make sure to bring my car to work most days. But not today. Today was a beautiful day for a bike ride.

RL, of course being the big fan he is, needed to get a picture of me. As you can see I am just a little agitated!! I wasn’t too happy this morning because I was already running late for work. I hadn’t had anything to eat yet and had just spent the last 20min curling my hair. Why you ask? Good grief, I don’t know. I thought for some reason my bouncing curls could withstand the tightening pressure of that helmet. What was I thinking? I ended up just putting my hair up in a clip when I got to work. :(

The commute actually was short and sweet. No near death experiences to report! And I can’t complain about any weird smell or trash around here. It was actually a nice smog filled commute. Rather uneventful, but still fun. :) It didn’t take long for the commute to change my attitude and put a smile back on my face.

The co workers…ohhhhhed and awwwwed as they saw my bike. This was the one day I wish I had brought the camera with me. They LOVED the Xtracycle. We had a little downtime today because somebody microwaved their lunch without turning off the lights…and it shut down our server. Yeah, yeah I know…don’t ask. But the co workers thought it would be a great time to get rides across the parking lot on the Xtracycle! We had soo much fun! One right after the other..they all jumped on the back and off we rode. By the end, my boss (Thomas) was giving my manager (Alan) a ride on the Xtracycle. Hilarious scene!

Good times to say the least. But it was great to see everyone with so many smiles on their faces…the joy of riding a bike. Once we were back in the office the mood was elevated and we were all talking about what a great time we had. I was glad I rode my bike today and was able to share just a little of that with the co workers. :)

And here is a random happy pic from interbike because I don’t like my agitated photo above. HA!

1. Moe October 4, 2007 5:14 pm

You are in trouble RL…
    She kept calling the B-27r with theXtracycle Freeradical “My Bike”

2. RL Policar October 4, 2007 6:16 pm

Dude…that’s how she is with all my favorite bikes…well then again she didn’t like the Woodstock…

3. Ghost Rider October 4, 2007 8:36 pm

Priscilla, I love your flip-flops — some of the best shoes EVER to ride a bike in!

Platforms and flip-flops…it’s how I roll!!

4. Priscilla October 4, 2007 10:56 pm

Ha ha~ I am guilty as charged Ghost Rider. Yeah it’s what i prefer when I am spinnin around locally. I used to ride my mtn bike to work so I would clip in and all that jazz…just too much work and extra stuff to carry. I prefer to keep it simple now…I did bring an extra pair of pants to work today to change into, but preferred just to hang out in my skort instead. Simplicity is beautiful….

5. Adrienne October 5, 2007 12:00 pm

Priscilla, it’s so nice to see the ladies included!

“Helmet Hair” Remedy: The night before your commute, style your hair and let it dry thoroughly. I am not fond of hair “products” but I do use good a leave-in conditioner. The next morning, brush your hair but don’t worry about perfection, because you’re going to put a helmet on, and there’s going to be sweat involved. When you get where you’re going, remove the helmet, brush out your hair as soon as possible, and — how do I put this delicately — style it while it’s still sweaty and let it air-dry. The leave-in conditioner, I suspect, is key to this process.

Your mileage may vary depending on your hairstyle; if you are going to be doing this sort of thing a lot, it pays to take the helmet to the salon and show your hair stylist what your beauty routine is up against. I did that and came away with a cut that I really like that still looks good post-helmet! As with everything, simplicity is your friend.

BTW, nice flip flops! (I rode in Birkenstocks today).

6. Ghost Rider October 5, 2007 12:44 pm

Damn, now THOSE are the tips we’re sorely missing around here!!! Great stuff, Adrienne!

7. Priscilla October 5, 2007 1:07 pm

haha! Thanks Adrienne. That’s awesome. I will try your leave in conditioner method. Although I have some wild hair….i usually have to apply some heat to tame it…sweat and moisture turn me into a frizz ball. lol!!! It’s worth a try though! Great idea about the hair cut! 😀

8. Todd October 5, 2007 4:26 pm

Don’t be embarrassed that the microwave+light combination shut down your server.

In our office the microwave+copier combination blows the fuse for three separate work spaces!

Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your point of view) the power outage typically occurs right at lunch when everyone’s got a little downtime.