Walz Caps

Me wearing the Racing Stripe hat.

Jeff wearing the Unique Cap

The good people from Walz Caps sent us a few samples for us to wear. Although the caps are not really my ‘style’, I dig them because I can wear them comfortably under my helmet and they alleviate the dreaded helmet hair.

Black-Red Cotton Blend

Wool Ear Flap Toasty!

The caps cost from $14.99-$29.99, they will personalize the caps too! So check out Walzcaps.com, they are Russ Roca approved!

1. Ghost Rider January 16, 2008 6:43 am

Try to smile there, Moises! You’re wearing a stylish cap!

2. Marrock January 16, 2008 7:19 am

There’s also this lady who has been making and selling cycling caps on eBay for a while now for a very reasonable price.

Sometimes you can even find a balaclava there too.

3. Quinn January 16, 2008 9:37 am

they get rid of helmet hair, only to create hat head, and lord help you, if you go from helmet to cap!

Otherwise, I find mine good for bumping around the neighborhood.

4. Paul January 16, 2008 4:41 pm

I have no hair so this is just what I need keep warm. (to replace my old, smelly, purple, neoprene skullcap)

Thanks. Purchased!

5. Jeff the Veloteer January 16, 2008 5:32 pm

I wore one under my helmet for my commute today and I must say, it keeps your head nice and toasty. Nothing for the ears, but then again, I don’t have the stylish ear flap model that Moe so beautifully models.

6. RL Policar January 16, 2008 5:35 pm

My face is just way to round to look cool in these hats…so I’m a bit jealous!

7. Mike Myers January 16, 2008 5:38 pm

I also have no hair and own a few Walz caps. The best thing about them is Jackie makes them available in an XL. I’ve never had a cycling cap which fit until now. Love my caps.

8. Russ Roca January 17, 2008 6:50 pm

I own probably about 10 Walz caps…everything from wool to cotton, stripe to panel style, houndstooth to plaid…..

I am a BIG fan of Walz..I started buying their caps before they offered the XL size (which I now wear and fit better)…

I think their designs are always improving and provide a classier alternative to many cycling caps that look like Marketing Team vomit! Cmon! Why does cycling stuff have to be so damn gaudy!

Their caps with earflaps are proving invaluable this winter in keeping my ears nice and toasty. I also took it with me when I went on tour in Solvang during the coldest weekend of the year last year (the water on the ground was frozen) and it kept me from freezing my arse off.

If you want a good quality, USA and handmade cap from a small friendly company, then buy a Walz!

9. Ghost Rider January 17, 2008 9:01 pm

How well do the various styles of Walz caps fit under a helmet?

10. russ roca January 17, 2008 9:54 pm

They work well…they’re not that thick….my helmet has an adjusting knob, so when I give it a turn or two to loosen/tighten if I’m wearing my cap or not….