Deal Days: Helmets, Fenders and Stuff

Here’s your deals for this week!

From Pricepoint.com
Nathan Cycle/Helmet Reflective Stick-ons $5.98

Bell Furio Helmet $44.98 normally $65.00

Sette Slik Fender Set $14.98, MSRP $50.00

From Nashbar
Bell Solar Helmet $19.95

Halt Dog Repellent $5.49

Planet Bike Freddy Fenders
$29.95, normally $34.99

From Performance
Bell Alchera Euro Road Helmet $34.99, normally $84.99

Transit Grocery Bag Pannier $24.99 normally $49.99

1. Zak June 5, 2008 1:30 pm

I have that bell solar myself. I also have a Huge Head. It fits me great. For $20.00 you cant beat it.
    Got mine at performance.

2. Dominic Dougherty June 5, 2008 5:53 pm

Why is it that in every TV show, movie and photo of groceries, there is a friggin baguette sticking out of a paper bag?! What the hell? I can’t remember the last time I bought a baguette… and whenever it was, I am most certain it was in a bag of its own, not just some loaf shoved in with everything else.

Anyways, those grocery getter bags rock! I have 4 of them.

3. Wayne Myer June 6, 2008 3:54 am

I bought a baguette yesterday. It’s a versatile bread that provides a lot of uses, depending on the angle at which it is sliced. And it was indeed in its own bag, albeit an open paper bag.

Seconded on the Bell Solar; it is a great helmet. I also have a large head. Giro Atmos and Animas, and plenty of other overpriced helmets, did not fit well. The Solar is a perfect fit. Granted, helmet fit is a very personal thing, but if you’re having trouble finding a good fit, try out the $20 helmet.

4. tad June 6, 2008 4:56 am

In addition to the baguette, there is always some huge pile of greens hanging out, too. Who fills their bags that high anyway.

5. Iron Man June 6, 2008 6:06 am

As one who works in advertising it’s hard to get “normal” groceries to show in a bag. Most of the stuff you normally buy doesn’t come out the top of the shopping bag. So for the photo shoot you buy things that pop out to create a more pleasing image. Plus you don’t have to mess with the hassle of showing a trademarked product and hacking off the company.

Dog spray is a must in my neck of the woods. Not so much on the commute, but on the fitness rides in the countryside. Although one dog I encounter is undeterred by pepper spray. Next step is something with a little more firepower.

6. db June 6, 2008 7:05 am

I have the Freddy Fenders on my commuter bike. Really, really like them. They are worth it at regular price.

7. shishi June 6, 2008 7:18 am

Glad I don’t need anything, but thanks for posting all those deals.

8. Palm Beach Bike Tours June 6, 2008 1:29 pm

Celery is another item you’ll often see sticking out of a grocery bag in the visial medias. The reasons are exactly as Iron Man stated: it pops up above the bag top and you don’t have to worry about a brand muddying your message.

As for baguettes: yummy.

9. Mike Myers June 6, 2008 2:44 pm

I had Halt for a while, but it’s not that effective on people. I now carry cop strength pepper spray, and I know that will work on 2 and 4 legged predators.