Win Sweetskinz Tires EVERY MONTH!

That’s right folks you read it right, you can win a set of Sweetskinz Tires EVERY MONTH! We’ve teamed up with Sweetskinz Tires and one lucky person will win a set of their newest tires, the Eclipse or Digi Camo.
sweetskinz eclipse tires

So stick around as we’ll be announcing when the contest will be and which site it will be hosted by. It could be:
BikeCommuters.com
MtnBikeRiders.com
TheBikeGeek.com
RateMyBicycle.com
CiclistaFanatico.com
sweetskinz digi camo

1. Ghost Rider June 10, 2008 12:31 pm

I absolutely NEED a pair of those Eclipse tires to complete the color scheme on my KHS/Xtracycle rig…baby needs new shoes!!!

2. Palm Beach Bike Tours June 10, 2008 12:36 pm

I have absolutely no use for wide, knobby tires. Still, these are some of the coolest tires I have ever seen. I have no idea why someone didn’t think of this a long time ago.

The folks at Sweetskinz are insanely smart Forget spinners and expensive rims, all the cool kids are going to be running Sweetskinz on their fly rides.

3. Elizabeth June 10, 2008 1:07 pm

Just in time! I could use some new tires on my commuter!

4. Dominic Dougherty June 10, 2008 2:11 pm

I’m curious why anybody needs reflective knobby tires? I love the idea of reflective tires, and they work great in urban environments, but it seems like the places I would be using knobby tires don’t have automobile traffic.

5. Ghost Rider June 10, 2008 2:30 pm

SweetskiZ come in street-friendly flavors, too. They have an urban tread model that is actually quite nice on-road (file tread with small knobbies on the outer edges).

They also come in 700c flavors, too. They’re a bit wide for anything but a cyclocross rig, but that may change if demand is up there. I’d sure love to see some 700c x 28s for my utility bikes.

6. Siouxgeonz June 10, 2008 2:42 pm

Yea, they come in those models, but that’s not what’s being given away… possibly from a commuting site.
    I’ve seen a *little* less of this gap between the words commuting by bicycle and equipment that makes sense of late, but this doesn’t surprise me. Let’s promote something to people who don’t really have a use for it… maybe they won’t know better.
    Dang. I like the street-friendly options but my irritation at this has removed that impulse to Go Get ‘Em Now 😉

7. RL Policar June 10, 2008 2:45 pm

Siouxgeonz,

If you don’t feel that you don’t need these tires, then don’t enter the contest.

We’re promoting our partnership to our other sites because we’re spreading the love across the board, not just to Bikecommuters.com

RL

8. Ghost Rider June 10, 2008 3:00 pm

Well, what the hell…these folks around here don’t tell me anything!

9. Dominic Dougherty June 10, 2008 3:08 pm

GR, I know Sweetskinz come in street-friendly models as well… I am just having trouble understanding why anyone would need reflective MTB tires. I generally do my mountain biking during the day, and on trails that motor vehicles can’t get to anyways!

10. Moe June 10, 2008 3:18 pm

I can’t believe that some people actually complain about FREE stuff…

Dominic, you should come down and ride with us the Fullerton Loop on Thursday nights….

11. Priscilla June 10, 2008 3:21 pm

I do nightly mtb rides on a weekly basis. I like the idea of a reflective tire out on the trails, especially with our local trail that is 12miles and takes you through dirt trails and streets.

12. RL Policar June 10, 2008 3:24 pm

The Fullerton Loop is Urban Mountain Biking at its best!

To answer your question why would anyone need mtb tires that reflect. Simple. Urban riders. These are the guys that do BMX like riding in the city.

and this one

13. Ghost Rider June 10, 2008 3:39 pm

Dominick, I misunderstood your concern. I agree with you, but Priscilla and RL have good examples of potential needs for reflective knobbies.

14. Dominic Dougherty June 10, 2008 3:56 pm

Those videos are interesting. I look around my city and just about every bench, staircase, railing or other public structure has after-design modifications to inhibit skateboarders from using them… and now bikers are doing the same thing? Who would’a thought.

All the bikes at McWalBucksMart have stickers that say to never ride at night… I’m confused.

15. Moe June 10, 2008 4:01 pm

you meant ‘bike-like-objects’…

16. Lance June 10, 2008 4:10 pm

I’m with you Dominic. I love the look and idea of the tires. I just wish they had something smaller than 700X28. I suppose that size would even be great but a lot of us commuters like to run the skinnies, I’m sure.

I want to be seen, but I like my low rolling resistance to much to give up my Schwalbe Marations!