2009 Redline “White” 925

Originally this was dubbed as the “ladies” 925, but the bike captivated the hearts of the fellas too, and guess what, its coming out in Mid to Late August!
white redline 925
You can see more pics HERE

And watch the video .

1. Iron Man July 10, 2008 2:15 pm

To quote Max Klinger “Now that’s tasteful without being gaudy!”

2. Ghost Rider July 10, 2008 2:32 pm

Sign me up for one of those beauties! I’m not afraid of a little “flower power” !!

3. Lance July 10, 2008 2:37 pm

White just pops out at you so much more. Don’t understand why more commuter bikes don’t come in it.

The white 925 at Sea Otter caught my attention from about 50 yards away.

Are they changing the flowers to skulls for the gents?

4. Priscilla July 10, 2008 4:45 pm

love, love, LOVE that bike!!

5. Jared July 10, 2008 5:57 pm

My 925 has a custom color of its own, straight from the factory. Check it out here:

I dig the white though. I mean, DIG it. What’s with all of their demo bikes with non-spec, straight armed cranks?

6. Mike Myers July 10, 2008 6:29 pm

I don’t understand the appeal of bullhorns. When I look at them I just imagine a lack of hand positions. What am I missing?

7. haikunick July 11, 2008 8:21 am

I like the white. I’d soil the handlebars after my first flat tire. I think it should have more reflectors on the fenders though. Also I believe in personalization, so some custom decals are in order. If you want to see my <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/haikunick/2657780325/” urban assault commuter vehicle and skitch-omatic.

8. haikunick July 11, 2008 8:22 am

I like the white. I’d soil the handlebars after my first flat tire. I think it should have more reflectors on the fenders though. Also I believe in personalization, so some custom decals are in order. If you want to see my urban assault commuter vehicle and skitch-omatic.

9. RL Policar July 11, 2008 8:37 am

Aye…looks like a can of orange paint exploded on your bike!

10. haikunick July 11, 2008 8:59 am

Ya, I know. It’s gray and black otherwise. I needed something that didn’t blend in with the asphalt and concrete of the road. It screams, “Hazard!”

11. Lance July 11, 2008 9:15 am

Mike, I’m a big bullhorn guy. My wife loves them too. I found I only used those sections on drop bars anyway so they make sense for us. Just preference and body types, I guess.

12. Dman July 11, 2008 9:44 am

Dude…the “carpoon” video…wow. That’s the dumbest, most dangerous thing I’ve seen in a long while. Riding one handed, getting yanked around by a bunch of TUBES(!!) tied together, behind trucks and busses….seems like a GREAT way to get hurt.

Looks like something that could result in a Darwin award…

13. Ghost Rider July 11, 2008 10:03 am

Dman, I’m right there with you. “Skitching” is one thing…physically attaching yourself to a truck or bus by suction cup is entirely another. Sure, you could let go of the free end of the tube-string, but still…

Thanks for perpetuating the belief that bicylists on the road are all a bunch of crazies, Juan LesCarr. :(

14. Iron Man July 11, 2008 11:00 am

The carpoon was pretty dumb. I may fantasize at times about doing that, but my “That’s stupid don’t actually try it” filter is still in good working order.

15. Elizabeth November 6, 2008 3:20 pm

me wants!!!

16. Clyde. February 9, 2009 9:38 pm

Redline, you were on the right track in 2005, drop the dumb stuff. Horizontal drops, more room for brakes, tires and fenders.

Bullhorn bars are lame and impractical. There are so many other options.

You were so close, just get back there.

17. Jenny June 11, 2009 8:18 am

Just got a white RL 925 48cm. I love it! Fantastic commuter bike and a blast to ride. I tested this against the ss Treks, Soulville, and townie. This was by far the best bike for the money. It’s much heavier and slower than the trek soho, but way more fun to ride. (the soulville is just a boring cruiser made to look like a commuter bike) My only complaint so far is that when I make sharp turns the front mudflap rubs against my foot. But I think I’ll solve this by removing flap or front fender.
    I recommend this bike to anyone (including gals) who are looking for a nice, relatively inexpensive ss commute.

18. Ghost Rider June 11, 2009 9:15 am

Jenny, just make your turns at a higher speed and you’ll never get “toeverlap” 😉