Fixed Gear Friday: FREE Puma Presents:Fixed Gear 101

I saw this person selling a PDF of this ‘book’ in Ebay for $5.99. I feel sorry for the poor bastards that will buy it because it’s FREE!!!

Here’s the link y’all:

See, I’ve just saved you $5.99!!! Now, go buy yourself a six-pack or a gallon of gas and celebrate!

1. kevmo August 15, 2008 4:11 pm

Apparently you need a full sleeve of tattoos to ride a fixed gear.

2. Bob August 15, 2008 5:28 pm

Buy a gallon of gas with the money I saved? You must be kidding! I am sure I can find something I can purchase which is bike related.

You can never have enough bikes or bike gadgets. :-)

3. jake August 15, 2008 6:25 pm

wow… this makes me angry

4. 2whls3spds August 16, 2008 12:17 pm

I wonder if Puma would be interested in the fact that someone is profiting off of their copyrighted material?

5. Ghost Rider August 16, 2008 12:59 pm

I wonder the same thing…especially because I’ve seen this pamphlet for sale on Ebay quite a few times over the past couple years.

Mostly, I feel sorry for the suckers spending money on a free download. Caveat emptor!

6. Ben August 16, 2008 3:55 pm

Brakes = safety net?

I kind of lost interest somewhere in there… I’m probably not hardcore enough to read the whole thing.

7. tadster August 17, 2008 2:27 pm

Actually, I don’t even think this hilarious document is copyrighted. If it is, it doesn’t say so anywhere. That said, you can totally sell it for profit without legal recourse.

It takes a special kind of person, the kind that lives life on the edge, careening through red lights sans brakes, to spend money on something that you could totally get for free.

8. 2whls3spds August 20, 2008 7:54 am

tadster…we have name for people like that…but we try not to mention it in polite company 😉

I still think Puma would be interested. I didn’t dig in very far but I bet there is a blanket copyright listed somewhere on the website. Something along the lines of free to use for personal use, but if you want to make financial gain it require permission.

9. User links about "bastards" on iLinkShare March 11, 2009 6:48 pm

[…] Bastards”, Gibson To Star In Remake Of …>> saved by insertwithere 36 days ago1 votesFixed Gear Friday: FREE Puma Presents:Fixed Gear 101>> saved by superspence 36 days ago3 votesControversial Quentin Tarantino’s Inglorious Bastards […]