• Slide Image 1 Title | Welcome to D5 Smartia Theme, Visit D5 Creation for Details
    You can use D5 Smartia for Black and White looking Smart Blogging, Personal or Corporate Websites. This is a Sample Description and you can change these from Samrtia Options

• Slide Image 2 Title | Welcome to D5 Smartia Theme, Visit D5 Creation for Details

Russ Roca: TV Celebrity

Posted by: | Posted on: October 24, 2008

Talk about getting scooped — our “blinkie-lighted siblings” (to borrow a phrase from Bike Snob NYC) over at Commute By Bike posted a YouTube video of our own Russ Roca. Russ was featured on the Planet Green TV show “G Word”, and the show did a pretty good job of showcasing the day to day activities of Russ as he pedals around southern California for his photography business. I had caught the show when it broadcast (my wife and I are big fans of the show), but until CbB posted it, I was unaware that there was a Web-based version available.

Check it out:

A special tip of the ol’ “foam chapeau” to Fritz for turning us onto the YouTubed segment from the show.

14 Comments to Russ Roca: TV Celebrity

1. RL says:

That’s awesome Russ!

2. Priscilla says:

Sweet! Nice job Russ. :)

3. Iron Man says:

Forget Howard Stern, Russ is the King of All Media. Print, television, blogs, the internet, what’s next?

4. Fritz says:

Howard Stern is still relevant? I used to listen to him on WWDC waaay back in 1981, back when he was actually funny.

Thanks for the props; it’s always a pleasure scooping you guys. :0)

5. Russ Roca says:

thanks guys! next is Oprah baby!

6. MattG says:

I want to see Oprah on the bilenky! I might actually watch that show!

7. Marrock says:

You know, he appears to be quite intelligent despite what the rest of you all say behind his back.

8. Ghost Rider says:

Are you kidding? We all have secret “man crushes” on him!!! Oops, it’s no longer a secret…

9. RL Policar says:

Marrock,

Don’t be hatin’ on our man Russ. He’s the epitome of Bike Commuting! Yah there I said it!

10. Marrock says:

Geez… pay someone a compliment and you act like I let the air out of his tires or something.

11. Ghost Rider says:

Marrock, were YOU the one who let air out of his tires?!?

Just messin’ with you, buddy — we know it’s all in good fun.

12. Marrock says:

No, but I have been releasing specially trained suicide squirrels at various locations around the country.

Feeding them nothing but carbon fiber and Gu packs is a major part of their training…