San Diego Custom Bicycle Show

I attended the San Diego Custom Bicycle Show this weekend. The floor was full of beautiful bikes and frames that would have dented my wallet quite a bit. Here are a few (and I mean a few) highlights of the show:

For all you “Steel is Real” fanboys:

This Argonaut was one of my favorite bikes:

Bamboosero bikes, bamboo bikes that we will be able to afford!:

Mmm… that bike looks mighty familiar:

The Pugsley has some competition!

Here’s the entire gallery:

I was a little disappointed with the show, I was expecting more exhibitors and quite frankly, some of them didn’t care to talk to me. I hope that this show becomes more popular and bigger like the NAHBS, it would definitely will be worth the entry price.

1. Ghost Rider April 6, 2009 4:08 am

Wow…that was a lot of pretty bikes, even for a smaller show. Nice to see a few badass “kids’ size” road racers, too.

2. Lefthand Canyon Elevator Co April 6, 2009 9:59 am

Thanks for all the pics on Flickr. Argonaut left a strong impression at the Boulder, CO show too. I like the commuter bike, but is that a ‘cross bike with the deep-section rims? That bike looks sick as hell.

3. Nord April 6, 2009 10:32 am

I absolutely must know where to get the Riddle of Steel tee shirt.

4. wannaCmore April 6, 2009 4:21 pm

What was that last one with the Pugsly caption over it? The one with front/rear racks and disc brakes?

5. Moe April 6, 2009 4:36 pm

I believe that bike was made by Sendero

6. Marrock April 6, 2009 7:46 pm

I need one of those shirts in black.

7. Raiyn April 6, 2009 9:15 pm

What is best in life?
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women while wearing that sweet shirt!

+1 on the I want train

8. Major April 6, 2009 9:46 pm

Thanks for the photos. Great to see some cool bikes but that carpet…yikes! The carpet ruined some of the pics. Not your fault. Keep up the good work.

9. Ghost Rider April 7, 2009 4:36 am

Ha ha…I was thinking the same thing about the carpet! Not a good backdrop for photos of some really spectacular bicycles…

10. Nord April 7, 2009 9:17 am

“comes a time, thief, when the jewels ceasr to sparkle. When the gold loses its lustre. When the throne room becomes a prison, and all that’s left is a father’s love for his child.”

11. Mike C April 7, 2009 9:35 am

If there’s a future for general acceptance of bicycling, it is inclusion of lowrider culture with any other part of it–custom shows like the SD show are a part of that… Thanks for covering lowriders!

12. 2whls3spds April 7, 2009 1:11 pm

That carpet brings new meaning to the word hideous! But I bet it hides oil stains pretty well 😀

Love that Argonaut!

When I did trade shows we always brought our own rugs or carpets when we could just for that reason.

13. Raiyn April 7, 2009 2:13 pm

Wow, that carpet would be perfect for a Deadhead convention. Stare at that stuff long enough and you’ll be tripping for free.