Red Your Dead-Masher: Preview

This beautiful bike just came in yesterday. It’s called the Masher by Red Your Dead. Not sure what the name means, but RYD designed the Masher as a durable, trick track bike. You’ll notice something different about the Masher, the front wheel is a 650 and the rear is a 700. Already I found that I am not experiencing toe over-lap with this bike, that’s a good thing.

RYD masher

White drive train is HOT!
RYD masher

Beautiful sleek, steel frame. 4130 Full Chromo to be exact.
RYD masher

Deep V style wheels wrapped in Kenda Koncept Lite.

Quando front and rear hubs.
ryd masher

16t fixed hub.

A true fixie- No Brakes!

Clean weld jobs.

I test rode the Masher last night and found it to be uber smooth. So this morning I decided to ride it to work. Everyone at the office were pretty impressed with the looks and style of the bike
ryd masher

I’ll be reviewing this bike in the coming weeks, so check for a full report. In the mean time, check out Red Your Dead‘s website.

1. Matt September 9, 2009 10:37 am

It looks just slightly too much like a ghost bike…

2. RL Policar September 9, 2009 10:42 am

I thought that too at first, but White is the hottest color right now in the bike industry.

3. Powerful Pete September 9, 2009 12:52 pm

I am all for white bikes (heck, I ride a white R3) but this is a bit much. As Matt said, really a ghost bike…

4. RYD September 9, 2009 1:08 pm

It looks like a ghost bike true. But with the red and black accents I would have to say its not EXACTLY like it. RED YOU R DEAD……Watch out for those yellow lights ryders

5. Mad Mike September 9, 2009 1:17 pm

I was on the fence when I first saw the bike but my friend purchased one and I took if for a spin. Rode really smooth and extremely light. I bought one from the site and had it custom powder coated flat black. Looks sick. I spoke to one of the shop guys there and they said that the next style coming out will be a collaboration with a major brand.

6. 100poundsago September 9, 2009 2:04 pm

It could be the raddest bike in the world…I just cant get behind the all white. I mean where in the world would I put my Misfits stickers? Now if it was flat black…that would be MONEY!

7. Ghost Rider September 9, 2009 3:22 pm

Misfits stickers!!!! Hell yes!

8. Ghost Rider September 9, 2009 3:23 pm

So, “Red Your Dead” means “Red You Are Dead”. I ain’t cool with riding around on a glaring grammatical error. Make the “R” red, then, too.

9. Ghost Rider September 9, 2009 3:24 pm

The other R, that is…like so:

R
    Y R
    D

10. RL September 9, 2009 3:47 pm

Couldn’t you just get black misfits stickers?

11. 100poundsago September 9, 2009 5:20 pm

Rl,

My point was my Misfits stickers would totally stand out on such stark whiteness. Not to mention I have an actual allergy to white…I can provide documentation of this rare yet amusing disorder upon request.

12. RYD September 9, 2009 9:13 pm

Ghost Rider – It’s pronouncd RED YOU R DEAD.

Look at the site. R is spaced

13. NeR September 9, 2009 9:15 pm

Hey RL, That’s a nice and clean bike! I got my Fixed Gear last month don’t know if you ever heard about tommaso bicycles.?. Its tommaso augusta the name of my bike. Since i got it, I used to ride from corona to santa ana and i love it!. Love to see the coming review but that bike is sick!!

14. RL Policar September 9, 2009 10:26 pm

Dang Jack,

You and your words/letters fetish…give the guy a break. I don’t recall you complaining about SRAM…what the hell does that word even mean, let along the pronunciation of it!

Is it S-RAM or SCHRAM, or SRAhm, it could even be SsssRam.

15. Ghost Rider September 10, 2009 3:10 am

SRAM is an acronym…and acronyms, annoying as they are, are immune from conventional English grammar rules.

16. 100poundsago September 10, 2009 4:30 am

Crying out lout Ghost Rider you had to point out it was an acronym? Now he will want to know why its not S.R.A.M.

17. Ken Sturrock September 10, 2009 8:25 am

Since SRAM doesn’t form an actual word then it’s not an acronym – just a mere abbreviation.

18. Ghost Rider September 10, 2009 10:18 am

An abbreviation of what? Based on the conventional definition of “acronym”, this qualifies IF the letters stand for something (although technically it could be considered ‘initialism’).

Now, back to “English Nerds on Bicycles”…we are so lame.

19. RL September 10, 2009 10:33 am

Aye…let it go…buncha nerds you are. Jk….

On a serious note, I’ve really been enjoying the RYD Masher. It’s a smooth ride and Priscilla loves the looks of it. My kids call it the Candy Cane Bike.

20. Mike Myers September 11, 2009 9:11 am

Stupid name. There is a space between the you and the R on the website, but not on the headtube. (edited — Ghost Rider)

21. Michael September 11, 2009 10:50 am

What’s with the Mary Poppin’s handlebars? Is it suppose to be a street cruiser or do they now have an “upright” category for the velodromer’s?

22. Ghost Rider September 11, 2009 11:40 am

Look, everyone…criticism of our writing, news items we present and the products we review is A-OK around here…provided that there’s at least SOME constructive nature behind those comments.

Out and out name-calling and bashing for meanness’ sake is not kosher.

We certainly don’t take censoring our readers’ comments lightly, and this thread has devolved into something rather unpleasant. Don’t worry, I’m as much to blame as anyone in this respect. Because of this devolution, I’m temporarily locking comments on this article until we can all take a deep breath and come back with something worthwhile rather than spiteful and mean.

Comments are closed.