“Commuter Dreams”: Seven Minutes of Cinematic Brilliance

Reader Merritt Raitt shared the following video with us. The premise is:

Portland bike commuter and dedicated Tour de France fan gets up early to watch the TdF live, but as the stage ends he realizes he is going to be late to work. His exciting ‘race’ to work is narrated by Tour de France TV commentators Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin.

I got a HUGE kick out of this video…I can relate to it on so many levels, and I’m pretty confident many of you will, too. Enjoy!

1. ophale March 6, 2010 10:05 pm

Isn’t every commute a time trail???

(On the way because I’m running late, and on the ride home because I’m hungry for dinner)

Great video!

2. Rider March 7, 2010 7:11 pm

Well done!

Good job linking the comments to the ride. That must have taken some time and thought.

3. Blakcloud March 8, 2010 8:00 am

Nicely done. I really enjoyed watching that.

4. Iron_Man March 8, 2010 8:12 am

I got a kick out of him drafting off the kid. The only thing the video lacked was having Phil saying “He’s found himself in a spot of bother!”

5. Ghost Rider March 8, 2010 8:22 am

Merritt really “opened up a suitcase of courage” on his commute!

There are so many things I loved about this video — especially the jersey presentation at the end. Classic.

6. Nick March 9, 2010 7:55 am

That was great..smiled all the way through!

7. Zena-Commuter warrior princess March 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Thank you for this. It’s brilliant. Being a jock does help us feel like champions. Why doesn’t everybody do it? Also loved seeing a peleton of bikes at a stop sign. Wish St. Paul would get like that. I love conjestion in the stairways and busy parks.

8. u2rocks May 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Great video! The panoramic views of the Alps from the helicopter; the speedy descent, etc. Definitely one to share with as many as possible. Thanks for posting this treasure!!