Off to Interbike!!!

On Tuesday, I begin my travels to meet up with Moe, Joe, RL and Priscilla to attend Interbike 2010 at the Sands Convention Center in Las Vegas. Starting Wednesday, we’ll be posting right from the show floor here on and on our sister site, so tune in to see what’s new in the commuting and mountain biking worlds. We’ll have lots of video and photos to share as well as thoughts about trends, tech highlights and hopefully a lot of new products to test.

When we return, we’ll resume posting our series of commuter profiles…so if you’ve submitted a profile and haven’t seen it yet, please be patient. I’ve got a backlog of things to publish including the profiles, a couple of book reviews and other items.

And, if there’s anything special you’d like to see from Interbike — something you may have read about or seen elsewhere — drop a note in the comments below and we’ll see if we can get more details for you.

1. Katie September 19, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi, can you pick me up a Batavus Breukelen? I’ll, uh, send you a cheque.

2. Raiyn September 20, 2010 2:11 am

How about some hands on with the new SRAM Apex stuff? The WiFLi concept is intriguing to me, particularly in light of bikes like the Salsa Vaya

3. Greg September 20, 2010 3:52 am

The Shimano 11 speed Alfine IGH

4. tricker September 20, 2010 1:49 pm

i’m always interested in seeing the most crazy creative blinky lights for my daily NYC commute.

5. Ghost Rider September 20, 2010 2:53 pm

We’ll try to round up an Apex-equipped bike to test — there are a couple companies we could ask to see if they’ll let us borrow a tester. Same with the Alfine 11-speed. And we’ll definitely be swinging by the Monkey Electric booth for their lights…not exactly blinkies, but a “must have” for the fully-appointed commuter!

@Katie — we’ll see what we can do. Send me a box of cash and I’ll make it happen for you!

6. Aditi B. September 21, 2010 7:30 am

Hey, enjoy Interbike 2010! For all Canadian bike enthusiasts and Bike Commuter followers, help build bicycles for others by simply eating chocolate…

The Bicycle Factory is giving Canadians the opportunity to help send up to 5,000 bikes to Ghana – by eating chocolate! Participants also have a chance to win a trip to Ghana to help deliver the bikes. Details are online now at

Check it out and if you have any questions – let me know!
    Thanks – Aditi B.

7. Beerfart September 21, 2010 10:33 am

See if you can test the Torker KB2.

8. Becki September 23, 2010 10:06 am

I am always on the lookout for anything new related to commuting with kids.