Interbike 2011: Dutch ID, a Sub-$900 Cargo Bike

In the same booth as the Footbike I just posted, Dutch ID was being featured by Jeff Oakie. This is the sub-$900 Cargo Bike by Dutch ID. Jeff is looking to distribute Dutch ID in the US and hopes to spread the word about their bikes.

Full fenders and more rack space than you can think of, a commuter’s dream!

Can’t go wrong with Nexus.

Fully covered chain guard.

1. Raiyn September 22, 2011 10:46 pm

I’d love to see this one get reviewed.

2. Ghost Rider September 23, 2011 4:11 am

Ouuu…me too! Soma is coming out with a similar bike, but at a much higher pricepoint.

3. Celos September 23, 2011 12:04 pm

At that price point, assuming build and ride quality, I’d be seriously interested.

4. Celos September 23, 2011 12:05 pm

….that should have read “assuming decent build and ride quality”.

5. Mike Myers September 24, 2011 12:06 pm

Looks really similar to the Civia Hyland but at a cheaper price. Good for them. I would suggest they include a big basket, even if it gets the price up a bit. Usefulness right out of the gate is a big selling point.

6. Mike Myers September 24, 2011 12:06 pm

Make that the Civia HALSTED.

7. James September 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Put some kind of box on the front and I’d buy it! We need more sub $1000 cargo bikes for working class people. This is a step in the right direction.

8. Jeff May 11, 2012 11:16 am

I am really having a blast rolling this DutchID for all of my errands. My Xtracycle is getting dusty, and this is the reason why. This is my first dedicated Cargo Bike and now know that I needed one about 10 years ago. I added the largest plastic bin to the front that I could find for about $28. Go check out and you will see their Cargo Selection, they may have also included their award winning Electric Bike Designs to the site. Either way, we will make sure that Bike Commuters get a chance to ride and review these nicely crafted machines. Cheers, Jeff

9. Stet May 6, 2013 9:33 pm

Is anyone selling the Dutch ID filibus on the West Coast; near San Fran?