Fyxation previews

The kind folks of Fyxation sent over some items to be reviewed. First up is the Alterra Cafe Bar. You’ll notice that I’ve installed it on the Redline 925.
2012-01-14_10-47-11_HDR

2012-01-14_10-48-23_HDR

Then we have the Accela tires with white.
2012-01-14_10-47-34_HDR

So far I’ve really enjoyed the new set up, the Alterra bar gives me a somewhat up-right riding position while the new Accela tires are fast rolling and very grippy on the turns. We’ll put them through the paces to see how the hold up.

1. Fat Guy On A Bike (Seattle) January 16, 2012 10:57 am

Those look like they would work great on the 925. I’ve been running Origin8 bullhorns on mine for a few years now. With 35c tires, a Sturmey Archer S3X 3spd fixed hub on the back, it can’t be beat!

2. Fat Guy On A Bike (Seattle) January 16, 2012 12:08 pm

How do they compare to the SOMA Everwears? I’m running one on the back of my Kona Paddy Wagon right now. Other than the fact that it was a pain to mount, it rides well. I’ve heard they last forever.

3. Ghost Rider January 16, 2012 12:09 pm

White tires on your 9-2-5 looks SO PIMP!!

4. RL Policar January 16, 2012 12:10 pm

Fat guy,

Not sure because we’ve never tested the SOMA Everwears.

RL

5. Ghost Rider January 16, 2012 1:43 pm

Head-to-head tire comparisons are tough to do, anyway…unless you’re willing to gather data on each tire for thousands of miles (until they fail or wear out).

I’ve never tried Accelas or the other Fyxation tires, but I’ve heard good things and they appear very similar in shape and tread to the Panaracer T-Serv Messenger…a great tire but one with weak sidewalls. I am curious to hear if the Fyxations have stronger sidewalls that resist gravel cuts.

6. Mir.I.Am January 16, 2012 11:52 pm

OOH, your biiiiike look so prit-tee!

7. Graham January 17, 2012 5:42 am

Now you all are making me think that my road bike (which I ride primarily for fun and exercise) needs to be a single speed with pimped out wheels!

I can’t keep up! :)

8. Ghost Rider January 17, 2012 6:23 am

Graham…even better is to “expand your fleet”, giving you the opportunity to pimp out something for special occasions/fun rides. I am convinced (read: “I’ve become quite good at justifying”) that there is no one bike that can do it all for me.