We’ve reached a milestone!

Our site founder RL notified the writing staff here yesterday that we’ve just published our 2400th article here on Bikecommuters.com. That’s pretty amazing!

It’s been a lot of hard work, and a lot of fun, for all of us…writers past and present. But we really couldn’t have done it without you, our readers. Your contributions in the form of emailed suggestions, questions, and the many comments you’ve left (almost 20,000 at last count) make it all worthwhile.

DSC04038s

For those of you who are newer readers, please dig around in our archives; we’ve covered a ton of territory here over the past 7 years and you’re sure to find something riveting, or helpful, or funny…or head-scratchingly weird… if you look long enough. For our longtimers, thanks for sticking with us and being faithful readers and commenters. We appreciate it!

1. Jim Shirk August 23, 2013 7:59 am

Congratulations! – Also, too, I just became a partner in City Bike Tampa (Kevin Craft is the new Owner/Manager) – so if you’re ever back in the Big Guava, we’ll treat you to a free bike ride.

Jim Shirk

2. jersey rider August 23, 2013 8:49 am

where the cake????????????????

3. bigbenaugust August 23, 2013 9:02 am

I joined the Carrboro Bike Coalition in part because of y’all and your efforts. So do keep it up.

4. Ghost Rider August 23, 2013 9:42 am

@Jim — a free bike ride? How generous! Congrats on City Bike…I spent many a pleasant lunch hour there when I worked at JFG.

@Jersey Rider — the cake is at our corporate beach retreat in Malibu. Didn’t you get the invitation/plane tickets?

@bigbenaugust — do tell us more about the Carrboro Bike Coalition, and how we were able to help?

5. Mir.I.Am August 23, 2013 9:48 am

“Head-scratchingly weird”… are you referring to all my articles that I tag with “WTF”, Ghost!??

6. Ghost Rider August 23, 2013 10:03 am

@Mir — no, I am referring to ALL of your articles, tagged or not 😉

7. bigbenaugust August 23, 2013 11:24 am

Well, I did that commuter profile last year (?) when we were still in the Pacific time Zone and y’all asked if I was involved in any bike advocacy organizations… and I totally fumbled it. A lot of those profiled do. So a year or so and a cross-county move later, I saw the need (more than I did in the Bay Area) and joined up. I spend my lunch hour on Tuesday telling students here about safety and gear.