McDonald’s L.A.T.E. Ride turns 21 this year! If you’re in or around Chicago, I hope you can join 9,000 bicyclists for Chicago’s BIGGEST after-midnight ride!
Friends of the Parks’ 21st annual event gives you a rare chance to:
* Cycle past downtown skyscrapers, hear shouts of “Opaah!” in Greek Town and cruise North Side neighborhoods after midnight
* Experience the beautiful lakefront bike path under the stars and see the sunrise over Lake Michigan
* Enjoy breakfast at Buckingham Fountain after your 25-mile ride
“The ride began in 1989 with 350 riders. It’s amazing to now see thousands of riders cycling through Chicago and along the lakefront path,” said Nancy Minster Swabb, Ride Director. “About half our riders are from the suburbs, about 35% from the city and 15% from around the Midwest. Word keeps spreading about this great ride!”
Your participation in McDonald’s L.A.T.E. Ride directly supports Friends of the Parks, a not-for-profit advocacy group established in 1975 to protect and improve all of Chicago’s neighborhood and lakefront parks, children’s playgrounds and forest preserves in Cook County. Your support will help this group achieve these goals in 2009:
* develop new children’s playgrounds in two of Chicago’s neediest communities
* create a plan to develop 500 acres of new lakefront parks
* expand an exciting tree-planting program
Register online until noon on Friday, July 10, OR in person the night of the ride.
For the most up to date information and volunteer opportunities, visit www.lateride.org. Hope to see you there!